THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
ArcherDX's patented chemistry and powerful bioinformatics software have placed us at the bleeding edge of the fight against cancer and other genetic diseases. You'll join a multidisciplinary team focused on creating tools for the democratization of personalized medicine.
The Site Reliability Engineer position is responsible for a variety of process and infrastructure initiatives, including platform maintenance and enhancements for Archer’s flagship cloud-based genomics product, automating existing pipelines to improve efficiency and long-term ecosystem health, performing software updates across our AWS platform, and ensuring that managed assets are performing as expected through the use of telemetry, automated alerts, and self-healing infrastructure.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Ensure that the infrastructure supporting Archer’s genomics platform is highly available, scalable, and maintainable
- Maintain and extend existing configuration management deployments
- Perform software installations using existing infrastructure and configuration management tools
- Collaborate with the Cloud Operations team to migrate existing deployment tools into a fully automated and managed process
- Collaborate with Cloud Operations team to extend and enhance existing CI/CD pipelines
- Work directly with the Cloud Operations team and software engineers to ensure system integrity
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve telemetry gathering, reporting, and alerting
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Two years in an SRE/DevOps role, or related IT or operations field
- Strong Linux and Bash skillset
- Familiar with configuration management tools (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Familiar with AWS (in particular EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, Lambda, and CloudWatch), CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins), and scripting languages (Python strongly preferred)
- Experience with containerized systems in a cloud environment
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field, or equivalent working experience