We are seeking motivated, self-directed, and technically outstanding developers to join our team of Software Engineers responsible for the evolution of our order routing, execution, and management system. With our constantly growing client base and the ever-changing demands of markets and financial technology worldwide, our high availability trading system is in a constant state of improvement and expansion. In this role you will:
- Engage in full cycle development of the WEX order routing and management system, including our award-winning front-end trading application, as well as our back-end infrastructure.
- Communicate with stakeholders to identify issues with, and improvements to our system.
- Turn requirements into concrete designs, iterate on designs with peers and business advisors, and ultimately deliver optimized applications for deployment by our support staff in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and solve the most complex problems escalated by support staff.
- Provide insights on how to optimize, modernize, and simplify our system on your own initiative, as well as ways to improve usability and scalability.
- Document the requirements and usage of the software, along with technical specifications and test cases.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, new language features, and learn new APIs or tools as needed to solve problems.
- Have 1+ years of experience in an OOP language such as C++ (preferred), C#, or Java.
- Be organized, self-directed, and dependable. Be able to manage your own workload and provide reasonable estimates for completion.
- Have superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey design decisions in both technical and layman’s terms.
- Be up to date with modern C++ standards, with knowledge of STL.
- Some exposure to Boost and SQL.
- Knowledge of multi-threaded application development concepts.
Headquartered in Chicago, Wolverine Execution Services (WEX) is an independent broker-dealer specializing in the execution of equities, options and futures for institutional investors. WEX offers clients multiple venues for execution including a proprietary electronic trading platform, algorithms, direct floor access, and an agency brokerage desk. Leveraging expertise in trading technology and risk management, WEX provides clients with anonymity, superior execution and order management in all asset classes, delivering exceptional solutions for both technical and institutional trading styles. For more information visit www.tradewex.com.