on Engineer at CenturyLink
Be a part of the team that is responsible for the architecture, analysis, design, and development of Centurylink’s Content Delivery Network software – responsible for delivering some of the most highly visible content across the global internet. Work on high-performance distributed systems deployed on a massive scale unmatched in almost any corporate computing environment. Our ideal candidate will have a unique blend of experience that includes network knowledge, Linux systems knowledge, QA experience with large/complex codebases, and some development or test automation experience. You will be responsible for developing automated testing that is vital for ensuring the quality and performance of our products. Development is primarily in Python in the PyTest framework on Linux.
The Main Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Designs, develops, maintains, and supports new and existing automated test code, frameworks, and infrastructure.
- Collaborates with product developers in a fast-moving agile team to define and implement effective and efficient automated tests on Linux.
- Reviews peers' designs and code.
- Documents own work to promote transparency and reuse.
- Understands a complex distributed system end-to-end.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS or similar field, with 3-5 years professional experience, or 1-2 years with a Master's Degree
- Experience developing and/or testing complex performance-sensitive distributed systems
- Experience with automated testing, preferably in python using pytest
- Solid knowledge of Python on Linux
- Detailed working knowledge of web protocols such as HTTP family, DNS, SSL/TLS
- Outstanding initiative, self-motivation and drive; comfortable learning and working in a team; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to estimate, plan, prioritize and multitask
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Ability to work in Lua and Go languages
- Experience with one or more of the following tools: Postman, Jenkins, Bitbucket
- Detailed knowledge of web service, web caching, content delivery, and related technologies and protocols