Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
Oscar's business depends on trust. From forging relationships with our members through our Concierge teams to storing their Protected Health Information (PHI) in secure databases, a trust chain weaves through all that we do at Oscar. The Site Reliability Engineering team at Oscar is one of the links in this chain; the infrastructural and platform layer decisions that we make impact the integrity, availability, and security of our services, and ultimately affect all interactions with members and providers.
As an Oscar SRE, you’ll be joining a diverse and passionate team of builders and operators. We take pride in our ability to operate complex machinery and resolve incidents with a cool demeanor. You will help architect the systems from the ground up that are driving a new type of insurance company and ensure our site and critical services are always available.
What we’re actually doing:
The following is a list of daily tasks our team is currently responsible for:
- Triage and help resolve a variety of requests coming from the rest of the organization.
- Guide teams with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security.
- Measure and monitor availability, latency and overall system health.
- Engage in capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and systems tuning.
- Improve and keep documentation up to date.
- Help overall knowledge sharing across Oscar.
You at Oscar
- You care about operations.
- You care about automation.
- You are able to juggle competing priorities.
- You’re open minded about technologies, whether it be a new shiny new thing or an arcane, ill-conceived protocol; our company may be new, but the healthcare industry isn’t!
- Able to maintain calm while troubleshooting production issues.
- You have at least 2-3 years of professional experience.
We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.