Are you passionate about 3D computer graphics and making good software? So are we! Esri is dedicated to making 3D GIS accessible and powerful for consumers and experts alike, across all platforms and devices. As part of the 3D development team, you will help us develop technologies for the creation, visualization, and analysis of 3D data across the platform.
Join us in our mission to push the boundaries for visualizing and interacting with 3D geospatial data by expanding our rendering engine and implementing new visualization techniques.
- Implement real-time 3D rendering and analysis techniques in our WebGL/TypeScript-based engine, ranging from massive data visualization techniques to material shaders programming
- Collaborate with the Zurich R&D center on improving the capabilities of the WebGL rendering engine
- Research and push the state-of-the-art in virtual world rendering for photo-realistic and data visualization purposes
- Stay up-to-date with real-time rendering techniques and find avenues to implement advances in our software
- Apply and promote good software engineering practices such as test automation, modularization, simplification
- 2+ years of software development experience in the field of real-time rendering
- Strong track record of implementing advanced rendering techniques
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with frequent releases and tight schedules
- Master’s or PhD in computer science with a focus on computer graphics and real-time rendering, depending on position level
- Experience working with popular 3D engines (Unreal, Unity, three.js, etc.)
- Familiarity with GIS applications and technologies
- Knowledge of common web technologies
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum etc.)
- C++ and OpenGL/DirectX experience
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.