We are actively recruiting for this position.
As the situation surrounding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to evolve, Esri is supporting our users and the community at large with software, services, and materials that are helping people understand, manage, and communicate the impact of the outbreak. Visit our COVID-19 Maps, Resources, and Insights page to see some of the things we are doing.
- Solve and articulate complex problems through application design, product development, and user experiences. Location does matter--you will make it easier for people to visualize their data with location in mind
- Develop software used by people who are not software developers. Ensure the exceptional software you create influences them to be exceptional professionals in their respective fields
- Collaborate with other programmers and developers throughout the development process
- Leverage the knowledge of your peers to better understand business trends, customer communities, and technology adoption patterns
- Proficiency with additional front end development technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Node.JS, etc.
- An entrepreneurial awareness of how technology enables excellence within governments and organizations--you need to be interested in why we are developing software, not just how we develop software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understand the importance of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RAD, RUP) and software design techniques (UML, entity relationship diagramming, use cases, data flow diagramming); know how they impact the quality of your design process, team collaboration, and work product
- Working knowledge of databases such as MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Object oriented design skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, computer engineering, or mathematics
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- HTML, REST, iOS, Android, Grunt, Node, AngularJS, MongoDB
- SQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, RDBMS
- Dojo, JQuery
- OpenGL or DirectX
- Web services
- Experience with 2D and 3D data visualization