What you will do:
- Build demos, prototype applications, and concepts to show off our capabilities, adapting to the needs of different clients and industries by combining data from multiple sources building a customized, meaningful experience for users.
- Apply Cesium’s technology to create prototype applications for new industries and customers.
- Have an outsized impact on future Cesium products and the potential of 3D geospatial technology by creating the first prototypes and concepts.
- Collaborate with our Communications team to increase the impact of our demos in the community.
What we are looking for:
- A continuous learner who loves to explore emerging technologies, introduce innovations, and take opportunities to learn and improve their skill set.
- A clear communicator who can easily explain problems and solutions in both technical and layman terms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple high-profile projects with competing deadlines.
- It’s a bonus to have familiarity with command-line tools and experience with 3D graphics, game development, or WebGL libraries.
- While not required, experience building or using geospatial software or GIS, like GDAL and QGIS is also a plus.
What is important to us:
- You love to learn. We’re constantly evolving our platform, pushing into new industries, and striving to improve our personal toolboxes.
- You get excited about experimenting and iterating based on what you learn.
- You love to bring new ideas to the table that can improve our demos, content, and marketing materials.
- You can work independently and iterate over your work based on feedback.
- You’re excited by the potential of what we’re building at Cesium and of 3D geospatial, and you want to help us push the limits of what our technology and the entire field can do.
- You want to work at a fast-growing startup, to wear many hats, and grow with us.
- You want to share your knowledge. We encourage contributions to the blog, presenting at conferences, and engaging with the community.
Cesium is a platform for 3D geospatial data - we enable developers and data providers to build dynamic 3D geospatial applications more easily. 3D data is being collected all around us, nearly all the time. We’re making this 3D data more usable so we can better understand our world. We’ve been building Cesium for almost 10 years and it’s production tested with companies like Red Bull and Komatsu, government agencies like the NGA, and high traffic events like NORAD’s annual Santa Tracker. Our user base is growing every day and you’ll help us make sure their experience is impressive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.
This position is based out of our Philadelphia, PA office.
If you have a portfolio, website, or work samples, please submit them with your application.