Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates company, has an opening for a Programmer Analyst in Allen, TX.
This Programmer Analyst role will be providing assistance to Credit Unions running our proprietary software. The multi-faceted support role will include troubleshooting and assisting customers while acting as their system administrator as well as testing, debugging, and editing of small custom PL/1 programs.
Extensive training will be provided to learn our intricate core solution and custom database. The position will primarily work Wednesday-Saturday 8:00 pm CST-7:00 am CST and require joining a 24-hour rotation upon completing the training.
- Minimum of 12 months supporting, maintaining, and system administration of AIX(Linux/Unix) Servers or equivalent course work required.
- Minimum of 12 months of programming or support programming background or equivalent course work required.
- Ability to work Wednesday-Saturday 8:00 pm CST-7:00 am CST and require joining a 24-hour rotation upon completing the training.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Financial services background.
- PL/1 programming knowledge.
- Learn the Episys database and its capabilities in depth.
- Assist in improving custom programs for our clients.
- Test and debug programs to ensure quality for our clients.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans; implements newly created code and fixes into existing software.
- Provides programming support for various interfaces.
- Interact directly with our clients on a regular basis and keep them informed of all enhancements, troubleshooting, and fixes.
- Assist our clients as a system administrator.
- May complete project bids and/or work effort estimates.
- Assist other co-workers and contribute to our documentation; may include defining the system and functional requirements of the product.
- Devises block diagrams, logic procedures, and prepares flowcharting.