Gravity is looking for passionate software engineers to architect, design, and develop native mobile apps for use by our drivers and clients.
As a member of the team you should love working on complex technical problems.You'll work to improve the overall performance of our products and ensure they stay stable and scalable as we continue to grow as a company.
- You will build native mobile apps using the latest technologies and work closely with design, product and marketing to launch new features and iterate.
- You will work closely with customer support to identify problems and come up with solutions and improvements.
- You love building relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Provide thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assist in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in an extremely fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time
- Work out of our LA or NYC office
- Computer Science degree from a top tier university or equivalent work experience
- Experience building native mobile applications (Android or iOS)
- Deep understanding of the iOS or Android platform.
- Strong experience with test-driven development.
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience with push notification services
- Knowledge of performance profiling tools and optimization techniques
- Experience consuming web services and HTTP REST interaction with JSONPortfolio of apps that you’ve built; ideally these are in the app store, polished in design and architecture
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies
It is always nice to have everyone in the office, but good work is the higher priority. You are free to arrange your work schedule to meet your individual circumstances. You also have the option to temporarily work from another city, state, or even country - the ultimate accommodation for work/life balance. In addition Gravity offers:
- Competitive salary & retirement benefits
- Health and dental benefits
- Generous and flexible PTO policy
- Your choice of equipment
- Team events and happy hours