on Engineer at Skyward Federal
Do you find yourself constantly writing scripts to automate your job? Are you an ansible god? If so, we need you! While the mark of any good programmer is efficiency, your role with us will be to help transform the services and tools used across the DoD into the next-generation well-oiled machine it needs to be. You will work with one or several scrum teams as the ansible expert but will have ample opportunities for growth. If you thrive in an early startup environment, or are simply looking for more autonomy and the ability to have a large impact, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do
- Create and maintain terraform & ansible automation scripts for essential tools, services, and configurations.
- Create automation frameworks and write automation scripts for the DoD existing manual processes.
- Seek and explore opportunities to automate all operational activities.
- Design, develop and deploy automation solutions to enable self service capabilities for end users.
- Write robust frontend and backend API automation tests.
- Design and develop automated solutions across several services and systems in a cross-functional, agile environment.
What You’ll Need
- Strong ansible programming skills.
- Strong terraform programming skills.
- Advanced automated script design, coding, debugging, and maintenance skills (using bash, python, etc).
- Automated testing skills using industry toolsets and frameworks (e.g. UFT, Selenium, Sikuli, Eggplant, etc).
- Experience in CI/CD toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab, Sonarqube, etc).
- Patience and tolerance for when things just go wrong.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, & virtual).
- Strong drive, self-motivated, logical, and detail-oriented.
- Passion for new technologies, software & processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines is essential.
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Fully-vested 401k matching (up to 10%),
- 100% company-paid comprehensive healthcare,
- Unlimited sick leave,
- All federal holidays & 15 days personal leave,
- Regular virtual and in-person social events,
- Flexible schedules, educational reimbursements, and much more.
Office hours are flexible with most work performed remotely (as we are a geographically dispersed team), but some actions may require travel and regular team interaction. Most of our team works out of on-trend, workshare office spaces around the nation. Eventually, this position may require a government security clearance.
Skyward Federal is a small (but growing) startup bringing the best of breed to the most exciting & unique missions possible. We work hard but play harder. There is constant room for growth and cross-training depending on what your life goals are. Apply now & start your journey today!
Note: During the coronavirus pandemic, all employees are working from home with only essential travel to client sites (for classified work) authorized.