If you’re looking for a valuable opportunity with the global leader of logistics, UPS has an internship for you! UPS is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Intern to support the daily operations of the HR Department with attention to employee processing and training.
This opportunity is ideal for a junior or senior currently enrolled in a four-year college or university or in a master’s program with a preferred course of study in Human Resources Management, Communication, or Business. Part-time students are also encouraged to apply.
The position will be based in Buffalo, and schedule will be roughly Monday-Friday from 3PM-9PM with some Saturday work required. Because of the nature of our business going into our peak season, the ideal candidate will be able to work 25-35+ hours per week. Depending on course load, please make sure this is something you would be able to commit to.
This is a paid internship, hourly rate is based on education level and experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains accurate and updated employee files in accordance with company policies and government regulations
- Reviews resumes in online database to recruit qualified individuals for specific open positions
- Maintains employment resumes, applications and applicant flow logs in line with company procedures
- Assists in recruitment activities and special projects, as needed
- Files documents and answers phones
Knowledge and Skills
- Exhibits exceptional verbal, written and interactive communication skills
- Demonstrates effective research tactics; good organizational skills
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $14.20 /hour
- United States (Required)
- Evening (Required)