Summer Classics Inc
The Junior Designer is responsible for assisting the product development process from conceptual sketch, to final production approvals. The Junior Designer position is responsible for developing; concept sketches, generating 3D & 2D engineering drawings, and creating photo realistic digital renderings from 3D models. The role is providing support of both Gabby and Summer Classics designers, and creating designs for both brands.
Essential Job Duties
1. Design – Creates and develops design concepts for; Summer Classics (SC), Summer Classics Commercial Sales (SCCS), Private Label Accounts and Gabby; evaluates design ideas based on factors such as aesthetic appearance, designfunction relationships, serviceability, materials engineering, application, budget, selling price, production costs, methods of production, market characteristics and client specifications; presents design concepts to supervisor and discusses need for modification and/or approvals.
2. CAD Modeling – Develops and revises 3D CAD and 2D engineering drawings; Creates photo renderings for design presentations and review.
4. Development – Assists the design team with prototype tracking and organization; generates quote submission forms (QSF) for supervisor approval; generates 3D models for design layouts; generates product specification sheets for new products; creates design PPT for design and executive team review; and communicates with suppliers as needed to develop designs.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with planning and execution of product photography.
- Manages prototype sample inventory and tracking.
- Creates and tracks yearly design calendar and Gantt chart.
- Product Development
- Innovation and Creativity
- Continuing Education
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Four-year bachelor’s degree with major in Industrial Design, Architecture, Engineering, or related area required; Masters preferred;
- One to three years of work experience in design, preferably in furniture or related industry;
- Strong portfolio displaying creativity, problem solving, and technical expertise;
• Basic knowledge of manufacturing techniques; • Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment;
- Strong computer skills – Adobe Creative Suite, Rhinoceros (or related CAD software), Keyshot (or related software), and MS Office Suite required;
- Knowledge of the furniture design industry including, knowledge of materials and applications of general design practices preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit and stand; occasional walking and frequent use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reaching with hands and arms; occasionally climb stairs, balance; stoop, or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus (correctable) and detect color differences. Hearing abilities include the ability to hear clearly while working in person or on telephone (correctable).
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.