Areas of Interest: IT, Analytics, Marketing, Business, Basic Programming
Seagate’s IT Enterprise Applications organization is seeking an intern to help support and continuously improve our business processes and projects. This position reports to the Director of IT, Business Intelligence and will be located at our Corporate HQs in Fremont.
About our group:
At Seagate, we are working towards building a future highly efficient, next-generation transformative IT teams. To this effect and to support the transformation initiatives that will be undertaken in near future we are looking for like-minded, innovative, cost optimal partners who can help support and drive the business and technology visions of Seagate. The new IT teams we are building in the area including Big Data and Analytics, Machine Learning, IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Enterprise Security, AWS, Azure, PaaS, IaaS etc.
About the role:
The undergrad intern will assist with implementing business critical enhancements in Marketing Analytics for the summer of 2021. Job responsibilities will mostly be related to various testing cycles. Intern duties will include but not limited to:
- Preparing and running testing scripts, logging defects, and opportunity to participate in code fixes.
- Some limited documentation activity. New feature releases will be used by Sales and Marketing teams to drive revenue for Seagate
- Successful candidates must also be able to influence and institute continuous process improvement.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in progress) in Business Administration, Marketing, MIS or IT.
- Enrolled in school fall of 2021 and be available to start in May/June for summer internship.
- Basic knowledge of general IT principles related to code development, testing cycles, and deployment strategies required.
- Skills needed include software coding (any language acceptable), database design and application.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Powerpoint.
Your experience includes:
- Experience with Tableau and Informatica a plus but not required.
- Proficient software and user documentation a plus but not required.
- Current E-security standards and policies a bonus.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues.
#internshipJob Family: Support