Greater Charlotte Area Mutual Aid
Greater Charlotte Area Mutual Aid (GCA Mutual Aid) is proud to announce that we are hiring for our inaugural summer internship program. GCA Mutual Aid will immerse each intern in the daily operations of a non-profit organization in Charlotte. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about non-profit operations in changing work environments from large-scale community projects to developing meaningful relationships with community members.
The Greater Charlotte Area Mutual Aid Summer 2020 Internship program will run from June 1st, 2020 to August 7th, 2020. This is an unpaid internship; you will be expected to work 15-30 hours per week. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Gain understanding of non-profit organizations through job assignments.
- Develop critical thinking and analytical skills in a non-profit environment.
- Gain exposure to non-profit industry, community organization, and social mobilization.
- Provide support to various committees and their staff members.
- Participate in a collaborative project with the other interns to be completed over the summer.
- Develop original content for social media platforms.
- Draft press releases for new initiatives and important organizational updates.
- Develop meaningful relationships with our community partners.
- Be a high school or college student interested in history.
- Prefer at least one year of relevant experience.
- Self-starters who are resourceful, critical, curious, ambitious, and driven.
- Demonstrated interest in supporting the community.
- Proficient in Google Drive applications.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- nonprofit: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Fully Remote
- College Credit
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday