Enhancing the Lives of Those We Touch by Helping People Reach Their Goals”
Melaleuca has firmly supported this mission statement since our humble beginning in 1985. Everything we accomplish is done with an eye toward promoting the physical, environmental, financial, and personal wellness of those around us. Our focus has always been on wellness. By manufacturing and selling effective, high quality, natural, health oriented products we help people live more vibrant, healthier, and happier lives. When you walk through the doors at Melaleuca, you can feel it immediately. This is The Wellness Company.
We have achieved consistent and profitable growth with our annual revenue hitting over $2 billion dollars. We now have over 4,000 employees and operate in 19 countries around the world. Melaleuca is positioned to grow even more rapidly in upcoming years. To help keep up with this growth we are looking for outstanding individuals to be part of our Supply Chain Group.Overview:
Responsible for managing scrap, preparing product run-outs, and supply chain management for new product launches. Also responsible for Item Number setup, Bill of Material maintenance, Manufacturing ECO submissions, product revision rolls, and balancing inventory between global distribution centers.
- Maintain working knowledge of Supply Chain system and capabilities.
- Create and maintain sales forecasts for new and existing products by analyzing historical data to establish reasonable logic for projected sales volume.
- Independently analyze Material Requirements Planning (MRP) to determine inventory balance and ordering quantities of existing products. Make critical decisions regarding such inventory balances and ordering quantities.
- Maintain MRP files by uploading and/or updating sales forecast files.
- Review and analyze Supply Chain system prompts for production work orders.
- Analyze and maintain inventory balance between production facilities and Distribution facilities.
- Review production schedule to ensure product is produced timely to avert stock-outs and excess inventory.
- Ensures timely delivery of goods and/or services and expedite products when needed.
- Work with Shipping on low inventory and pending order resolution.
- Assist Forecasting & Planning Manager in other forecasting tasks as assigned.
- Preference given to students currently in their junior or senior year of college, pursuing a related degree
- Able to work in Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- A natural orientation for continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Sharp organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to produce consistent quality under deadline pressure while paying careful attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills and Word processing
- Strong creativity skills
- Strong customer relation skills
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
- Self-motivation and sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions
- Ability to work independently and professionally
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed work and organizational skills
- Ability to work under stress
- General business skills
Melaleuca is one of the leading Health and Wellness companies in the world. We manufacture and distribute nutritional, pharmaceutical, personal care, facial care, home hygiene, and other wellness products and distribute them directly to the consumer through a full-service catalog and Internet shopping system. We carefully craft products used every day with the highest standards of safety, health, and wellness in mind.
This revolutionary system is changing the way hundreds of thousands of people shop by eliminating middlemen and reducing marketing and distribution costs. This enables the company to spend more on research and high-quality, ecologically-sensible ingredients, while maintaining reasonable prices.
Great culture - flexibility is a must in this position; you'll become a part of a fast-paced team dedicated to a feel-good lifestyle brand dedicated to changing lives. Like the rest of Melaleuca, we are proud to be part of a values-driven organization that treats employees with respect. Our employees and their families enjoy company parties and countless discounts around the community. We implement a very real open-door policy, and all employees are on a first name basis—it feels more like a family than a multi-national corporation.
Safe, uncrowded, affordable - nestled in the heart of beautiful Eastern Idaho, Idaho Falls is a prosperous and vibrant community, as well as the gateway to recreational paradise. This unique setting provides numerous opportunities for total wellness - social, physical, financial, and emotional. If you love outdoor activities, this is the place for you, with the Snake River running right through town, the Rocky Mountains dominating the horizon, and Yellowstone less than a 2-hour drive away.
Excellent compensation - in addition to a competitive wage, we offer comprehensive benefits for our full-time employees that include all you would expect plus some remarkable surprises, such as a longevity bonus. Right here on-site, we provide a fitness center, free concierge service, and an employee restaurant.