Greater Charlotte Area Mutual Aid
Greater Charlotte Area Mutual Aid (GCA Mutual Aid) is proud to announce that we are hiring for our inaugural summer internship program. GCA Mutual Aid will immerse each intern in the daily operations of a non-profit organization in Charlotte. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about non-profit operations in changing work environments from large-scale community projects to developing meaningful relationships with community members.
The Greater Charlotte Area Mutual Aid Summer 2020 Internship program will run from June 1st, 2020 to August 7th, 2020. This is an unpaid internship; you will be expected to work 15-30 hours per week. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Gain understanding of non-profit organizations through job assignments.
- Develop critical thinking and analytical skills in a non-profit environment.
- Gain exposure to non-profit industry, community organization, and social mobilization.
- Provide support to various committees and their staff members.
- Participate in a collaborative project with the other interns to be completed over the summer.
- Gain understanding of the role of oral historians and actively archiving history.
- Develop and implement action plans for marketing campaigns.
- Assist story mining for our story bank, COVID Chronicles.
- Collect meaningful stories from community members.
- Be a high school or college student interested in history.
- Prefer at least one year of relevant experience.
- Self-starters who are resourceful, critical, curious, ambitious, and driven.
- Demonstrated interest in supporting the community.
- Proficient in Google Drive applications.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- nonprofit: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Required)