Current employees are eligible to apply for an internship using our internal posted jobs process. Benefits and seniority may be impacted. If you meet the requirements, the recruiter will discuss the impact to benefit eligibility.
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a student Intern to work in our Retail Support Department. Starting immediately, the ideal candidate has the potential to work and learn with us throughout his/her college career. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience with a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with an 86 year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Monday - Friday, flexible work schedule with hours varying between 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (expected to work approximately 20 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 during summer months and school breaks).
Learn the world of retail from inside a manufacturer’s perspective. As a Retail Support Intern, you will be an active part of the team that works with the Account Executives to set up promotions and new products, communicate opportunities and analyze the effectiveness of events. This includes working within retailer systems on promotion opportunities and new items, working with different sales reporting tools and communicating key information to internal and external customers. Make McKee Foods a part of your education plan and develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded and highly-marketable professional.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or related field
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Masters student
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Interest in and/or aptitude for working with Sales and Marketing departments
- Strong customer service skills
- Willing and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Willing to accept responsibility
- High level of initiative and drive
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- Willingness and ability to work during school breaks
- 3.0 or higher overall grade point average
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to create and use charts, graphs, pivot tables, advanced formulas, etc.
- Ability to extract information from databases
- Competitive pay scale
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
*Please note: Spare and limited employees (*including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits.
- Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.