Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the technical support of desktop and laptop computers, applications, and related technology. Support tasks include receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests. Also responsible for specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. This is a full-time, temporary position with an anticipated end date of August 2020.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 2013, office 365
- Basic understanding Active Directory, Exchange (or any type email service system)
- Basic Computer Graphics editing
- Basic web application troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting hardware/software issues including removal/replacement of hard drives, memory, etc. for both laptop and desktop computers
- Understanding of basic network technologies including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and WINS. HTTP
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Preferably MCP certified
Essential Mental & Physical Function
Mental Functions: Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a department. May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the department. This position performs a variety of routine duties within established policies and procedures or by referral to supervisor's guidelines. Physical Functions: Sitting required 90% of the time. Walking and standing required 5% of the time respectively. No heavy lifting required. Constant keyboarding and telephone usage.
- Respond to phone calls, emails, and in-person requests for entry level technical support
- Install, configure, and sustain ongoing usability of desktop/laptop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software
- Follow SOP (standard operation procedure), act for fixing routing system report (patch, scan finding, Antivirus system finding
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all desktop hardware and software resources
- Prepare training material, follow training documents given during basic training to employee
- Collaborate with helpdesk and tier 2 personnel as appropriate to determine and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Follow ticketing system SOP, log time and work into ticketing system
- Update documents
- Update inventory data by follow SOP
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Standard office and computer equipment including MSOffice software, computer and telephone.
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Office cubicle environment with minimal exposure to the environment or health hazards.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Desktop Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- 4 - 6 months
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply