Analogiks is currently seeking a Jr Level Software Engineer to support our client in Ft. Meade, MD.
The candidate must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI w/FSP to be considered.
The Engineer will need to have 0 -7 years of experience developing, maintaining, and enhancing complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following below:
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
Skills/Technologies : (Candidate is not expected to have all of the following below)
Could include but not limited to:
- Elastic (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Filebeat)
- Spring Boot
- Niagara Files (NiFi)
- Apache Airflow
- SQL Server
- Unix Scripting (bash, perl python, etc.)
- GM DDS
- Island Transport (ITX)
Work Authorization :
- U.S. Citizen
- Top Secret w/FS Poly
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or University is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be able to be substituted for a bachelor's degree
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Do you have an active TS/SCI W/FSP?
Security Clearance Required:
- Confidential (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19