Siemens Government Technologies is looking for a Cyber Security Intern to provide support for a multitude of Cyber activities within the IT organization. As Member of the Cyber Team, the intern will be responsible for assisting the team with overall security posture to include analysis, assessment, and implementation of enterprise Cybersecurity solutions.
The candidate can expect a mixture of on-the-job and real world exposure of not only the Technical side of Cyber, but how security enables cross-functional business operations during the internship period. Successful candidates will demonstrate our leadership principles: a bias for action; partner-centricity; flexibility; analytical ability; the drive to own, build, and grow; along with the ability to have a little bit of fun.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with the IT Security team to accomplish the following:
- Monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure the internal security controls are appropriate and operating as intended
- Coordinate and execute IT security projects
- Coordinate response to information security incidents
- Develop and publish Information Security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements
- Conduct data classification assessment, security audits, develop analytical reports as required, and manage remediation plans
- Collaborate with IT management to manage security vulnerabilities
- Create, manage, and maintain user security awareness
- Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues
Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, information systems, engineering or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Rising Junior or above
- Basic understanding of project management lifecycle
- Interest in how technology can help solve business problems
- Analytical, planning and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft productivity software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize tasks and interact with development team
- Effective organization and time management skills, including prioritization and time management
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and manage competing priorities
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- This position will be based in Reston, VA
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.