At PLEXSYS, our teams design, build and deliver Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) innovation and training solutions to customers around the world. With over 180 employees in nine states and four foreign countries, we contribute our success to enabling better training…everyday…across the globe.
As an employee of PLEXSYS, you’ll find a culture that empowers you to achieve your professional objectives, give your personal best, and work with other highly passionate individuals. Our core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork and agility drive our daily decisions, identify our focus areas, and inspire our organizational culture.
An Innovation Software Intern will be part of the PLEXSYS disruptive innovation team and needs to have a strong interest in software. The Innovation Software Intern will be researching, designing, implementing and documenting software for innovation projects through rapid experimentation and implementation, or will be working as otherwise directed by the innovation staff.
The right candidate will apply lateral thinking to develop efficient solutions that meet objectives in a dynamic environment with multiple possible approaches. This person communicates clearly with fellow team members and project stakeholders to develop and evolve requirements and objectives, and to record and document outcomes.
This internship is expected to last a duration of 10 weeks. However, candidates should consider this an extended job interview as there will be a final evaluation for the intern to receive an offer for full time employment.
Due to COVID-19 the majority of this person's work will be conducted from home outside of weekly meetings which will take place in the office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make recommendations based on analysis
- Develop rapid prototypes, measure and evaluate against objectives
- Perform research and incorporate findings in a fast and iterative process
- Design and rapidly iterate next generation projects
- Design and implement appropriate testing and evaluation methods and strategies
- Clearly document and communicate findings and outcomes
- Maintain awareness of technological trends and incorporate appropriate tools and techniques in your work
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate advanced software developed on your own
- Exposure to technology tools and programming languages
- Passionate about innovation and new technologies
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate a complex idea in a simple way
- IT or Network Administration experience highly valued
- Experience applying Design Thinking methodologies or working in innovation programs highly valued
- Research experience highly valued
- Exposure to collaborative tools such as Slack, Rocket.Chat, Ideation, and similar applications
- GIT experience
- Ability to learn and help others learn while maintaining productivity
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.