This position will last from June to August 2020. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, this will be a remote position for the duration of the internship.
Our ideal candidate finds joy in diverse sentence structures and immaculate spelling, takes pleasure in creating aesthetically-pleasing documents, and feels pride in submitting projects that they wouldn’t mind seeing on a billboard hung over a Whataburger at lunchtime. We are looking for someone who likes to make things look nice .
If this is you, we encourage you to apply for this marketing internship position. We are seeking to hire ASAP.
- We are seeking someone who is in college to pursue a career in marketing.
- If you have previous experience in design or writing, particularly if anything you’ve done has won awards or has been professionally published, that is a plus.
- If you believe you are a strong candidate despite anything else we’ve said, apply anyway.
- You must be willing to learn and take critique with grace.
*** You must complete and submit all 4 sections to be considered for the position***
1) Submit your resume. Please limit this to one page. There is no need to submit a cover letter, but please complete the following items.
2) Share a Google Slides file with [email protected]
- Title this presentation “Regular Wooden Pencils - ”, followed by your first and last initials.
- Create a 3-4 slide presentation educating us on why regular wooden pencils are better than mechanical pencils. Make the first slide a cover page. Do not include your name; we will know your name from your email.
- We will be looking at aesthetics and clarity.
- Title this document anything, followed by your first and last initials.
- Write something explaining any topic of your choice.
- Word limit is 200 words, but more is not always better. This is your writing sample.
- Title this sheet “Animal Data - ”, followed by your first and last initials.
- Create a basic table with the following 5 pieces of information: a) Hippos are heavy mammals that look gray. b) Ostriches are heavy birds. c) Kiwis are light birds. d) Mosquitoes are light bugs that look black. e) Cats are medium mammals.
- Format this table like you are presenting to a group of people.