Requisition ID: 244201
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
The SuccessFactors Onboarding Engineering team is a global team responsible for the design, development, deployment and support of the SuccessFactors Onboarding solution. Being able to provide a personalized, interactive and engaging onboarding experience for new hires that set them up for success before day one is a key differentiator for the 2500+ customers that currently use SuccessFactors Onboarding. You will be part of the US Onboarding Engineering team which was recently established to ensure proximity to the critical North America market and be a source of innovation for the global team. We are a diverse and multi-cultural team based in Silicon Valley and we believe that our culture of openness and collaboration are key ingredients to our continued success.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP SuccessFactors iXp Intern – Onboarding Software Developer
Expected start date to end date: June 15, 2020 – August 21, 2020
In this role, you’ll:
- As a software developer for the Onboarding Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing and deployment of simple and complex features of the Onboarding solution.
- Upcoming projects that you might work on include the Crown Jewel project, a highly visible, Security initiative for all SAP products. You might also work on creating critical enhancements and ensuring high customer adoption for the recently launched next-generation Onboarding 2.0 solution.
Who you are:
- We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Minimum BS degree in computer science or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in Java and related technologies is required. Experience in .NET is a plus.
- Previous working experience or knowledge of Agile methodology
- Top-notch analytical and problem-solving skills, with expertise in OOAD, algorithms, data structures, design patterns, RDBMS concepts
- Willingness to “go the extra mile” to ensure that highest quality of experience for our customers
- Extremely strong passion for technology and software craftsmanship
- DevOps mindset – inherent sense of ownership through the development and deployment lifecycle
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:[email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.