Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
Our internship programme is designed to give you the skills for starting a successful career in Data Engineering, Data Science, and the Internet of Things fields. You’ll work with a global team gaining real-world experience building IOT applications, applying time series/events forecasting techniques (including deep learning), and you’ll gain exposure to the commercial/financial side of the software business. There will be an opportunity to apply to full-time positions at the end of the 3-month programme.
Responsibilities & Scope of Work
- Build data processing pipelines
- Apply data analysis and machine learning techniques to solve business problems
- Document and present your work to business stakeholders
- Proactive participation in providing innovative ideas and solutions
- Python, R or Java
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- English language proficiency required
- Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in STEM fields
- Data science / machine learning
- Big Data technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.