Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications. Learn more about our company at https://www.cesiumastro.com.
The Cesium spacecraft team is looking for summer 2020 interns to design and build satellite and ground station simulation and flight software.
Spacecraft software interns will work closely with Cesium engineers on software architecture, development, design, and test of simulation and flight software products. Areas of focus will include software to simulate, monitor, and control spacecraft subsystems such as attitude, command and data handling, navigation, thermal, and power. Assignments will be determined by a mix of project availability and the interests of the successful candidates.
Cesium interns regularly present their work to peers, mentors, and Cesium executive leadership throughout the course of the summer. As such, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
To apply, please include a cover letter describing your interest in satellite simulation and flight software, as well as your status as a US citizen or permanent resident.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
All Cesium spacecraft internships are compensated competitively and located at our facility in Broomfield, Colorado.
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor of Science (BS), Master of Science (MS), or PhD program in Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university.
- Upper-level undergraduate coursework or CubeSat projects involving satellite simulation or software in the loop testing
- Experience with languages such as Python and C++.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred experience includes:
- Familiarity with space communications systems from a software perspective.
- Experience in satellite trajectory simulation.
- Coursework in guidance, filtering, optimization, and autonomy.
Experience with concurrent software development for large program or on large teams.