Phoenix Logistics Inc.
Phoenix Logistics, Inc is now accepting applications for part time Software Engineer interns in Orlando, FL. Please note there are multiple positions available.
Phoenix Logistics Incorporated (PLI) is an agile provider of engineering, manufacturing, information technology, Modeling & Simulation and logistics services to the defense, aerospace, and critical infrastructure markets. The company is made up of talented experts, with years of defense and commercial industry experience, who reliably solve technical and programmatic challenges related to aerospace design and manufacturing, as well as complex logistical challenges related to delivery of critical infrastructure (Medical, Energy, IT and Transportation).
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. (PLI), recognized on the 2019 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America, is looking for talent that can easily integrate into a success-oriented team environment where the focus is on positive customer engagement and outcomes in the form of superior quality and on time delivery permeates our culture.
PLI recognizes great talent through empowering employees to succeed while offering:
- Top tier PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 10 paid Holidays
- Medical, dental, vision the first of the preceding month after hire
- Educational Assistance Reimbursement
- LTD, 401k and other optional benefits
- Full Time Employees
The Software Engineer Intern reports up through the JLCCTC (Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability) Engineering Management team and supports tasks related to software design, code, unit test, integration and testing to satisfy project requirements. Additionally, this position will be assigned other projects or tasks in alignment with the level and scope of the position.
- Assist with the creation of use cases and performs object-oriented analysis and design with close interaction with customer and domain experts.
- Support flowcharts and other documentations to identify requirements for software and to propose possible solutions.
- Coordinates with hardware engineers and other staff to forecast whether the design will be feasible under cost and time constraints.
- Learn to adhere to strict CMMI quality procedures to ensure first time quality in delivered products.
- Assist with software requirements analysis and may lead subsystem level development teams.
- Support software programming and development of documentation.
- Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the software development process.
- Participate in small development teams in terms of task breakdown, progress tracking, and technical issue resolution to ensure product success.
- Learn to provide technical support for software maintenance or use.
- Enrolled senior pursuing incumbent Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field required
- Introduction to writing Python Scripts
- Preferred understanding of development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or TSP
- Preferred experience using an IDE such as Microsoft Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, U.S. citizenship is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is be operated in an office and/or computer lab type environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision while performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Phoenix Logistics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.