XOS is The Software Intern will be responsible for working closely with a dynamic group of talented scientists and engineers in the development of analyzer instruments. This position requires a high degree of independence in executing software development tasks determined in collaboration with project leaders. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- The successful candidate will design and implement a variety of analyzer software components for embedded microcontrollers, tablets and/or servers that will be used in new products, to improve existing products or in production equipment. Components may include GUI’s, device control functions, data-acquisition, numerical analysis, and client/server functions.
- The individual will work with lead scientists and engineers for the design of this software and will actively participate in software testing.
- Document designs and code, and update pre-existing documentation as appropriate, with descriptive test, data flow, state diagrams, structure and flow charts.
- Ability to be coached and follow a process through technical challenges
- Process oriented mindset
- Well-developed time management and organization skills
- Proactive attitude, with a desire to drive continuous improvement
- Metric oriented with a focus on using data to get results
- Creative mindset, continually looking to open up the boundaries, while still maintaining quality & process
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work towards route cause and developing countermeasures
- Knowledge of mechanical design and CAD
- In a degree program working toward BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in programming using Java, python, or another modern programming language, preferably in engineering or new product development. The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand existing software interfaces, as well as outline the pieces required to complete existing projects.
- The candidate must be able to recognize both software and hardware issues and be able to address them by working independently and collaboratively.
- Linux administration and DevOps experience (gradle, jenkins, artifactory) is desired. Initial project work will likely involve test automation. Prospective candidates should have outstanding troubleshooting skills.
XOS is a leading manufacturer of application-specific X-ray analyzers, offering elemental analysis solutions that improve public safety and customer efficiency in industries like petroleum, consumer products, and environmental compliance. For petroleum applications, XOS offers portable, lab, and process analyzers with unrivalled precision at the push of a button. XOS also offers High Definition XRF (HDXRF®) analyzers for the detection of toxic elements in consumer products, such as toys and apparel and areas of environmental regulation, like soil and water. XOS’s advanced optics and OEM sub-systems can increase precision, speed, and spatial resolution, while decreasing the size, complexity, and cost of the instrument. XOS: Better Analysis Counts.
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and communications. With more than 20 operating companies we are a globally diverse team of 59,0000 associates united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
X-Ray Optical Systems, Inc. takes affirmative actions as an equal opportunity employer to attract, promote and retain the most fully qualified candidates without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- c#: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master's (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19