The Getinge Internship Experience Program is a paid, competitive, 11+ week (full-time) program that gives college students interested in the Medical Technology industry the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic culture. Working closely with Mentors, Coops and Interns have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a major Medical Device company.
Students will benefit from on the job training and mentoring in their field of study/chosen department. They will participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here. Getinge’s Coops and Interns will have the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills. Students should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support a designated functional area (i.e., Operations, Research & Development, Quality, Engineering, Regulatory, and HR/Training), and work towards goals and objectives assigned by their manager/supervisor.
The Compensation Intern will be responsible for providing support to the Supervisor, Sales Compensation and the Sr. Sales Compensation Analysts in the administration of commission compensation programs. The position assists in ensuring legal documentation and compensation plan overview is current, and assists in executing compensation programs utilizing data from performance tracking, reward calculations, reporting and analysis and dispute resolution.
- Run reports out of Success Factors to ensure changes to employee status (i.e. new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and leaves) are accurately reflected in the Sales Compensation system.
- Send updated Sales Rep Reports to QComm (current ICM software vendor)
- Run detailed and summary QComm reports.
- Assist in reviewing Comp plan Templates, including formatting and proofreading.
- Provide assistance with auditing statements to identify outlier and verify True Up, Adjustments, Proration, etc.
- Assist in auditing the commission database and tracking movements (Transfers/Promos). Test the platform once available.
- Will learn various aspects of sales compensation from administrative functions to auditing
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Candidates with experience/skills in: Sales Compensation
- Upper-class undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Human Resources, Finance, Business or related field preferred.
- Advanced proficiency: Microsoft Excel, proficiency in HRIS systems, basic proficiency in Microsoft Access, and intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
- Students must be available to participate in the networking & team building events during the internship program, and presentations at the end of the program.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and documentation skills
- Basic computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.