Append Media, LLC
This is a part-time hourly position with a limited term and is meant for those seeking to gain real-world experience in the software industry.
This position is not for the feint of heart or for those looking for another generic cubicle job. We are a small team bootstrapped for success.
As an intern or Jr. R&D developer, your role will entail building server-side functionality in node.js, including web APIs, file and directory manipulation, using Linux, and communicating with databases as well as occasionally updating apps. This may often entail encoding and translating complicated business logic to code, and ensuring optimum scalability and stability.
Internships are provided a for up to two months, with extension possible.
You work may also require light graphics editing, working with fonts, forms, multiple browsers, using browser “dev” consoles, ensuring responsive design, and generally making projects accessible for users and other developers.
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS & SASS.
- Knowledge of OOP and Prototypal programming patterns.
- Basic understanding of MVC and MVVM.
- Strong knowledge of web technology concepts (request, response, server, client, etc..).
- Experience using source control systems like Git.
- Understanding of image and other file formats (e.g. PSD vs JPG vs PNG), compression (e.g. lossless vs lossy), minimization, etc.
- Able to visualize problems and conceptualize logical process flows - that is, visualize logical processes in your mind.
- Fast learner and problem solver.
The following are not required, but are nice to have:
- Experience using Visual Studio Code.
- Multi-language discipline in other languages is always great.
- Experience using Google apps (Drive, Gmail, Hangouts, etc.).
- Decent knowledge of SQL (Postgres and MS SQL Server) with a desire to learn more.
- Ability to work on a Linux workstation and with Linux-based servers (we are a mixed-OS shop).
- Provable skills with the many or all of the above requirements.
- A genuine passion/interest in technology & development.
- A demonstrable talent in computer programming and technology concepts.
--Salary & Benefits--
This is a part-time position with hourly pay.
--About Our Company--
Append Media is a start-up business founded in November 2014. We currently provide technology and creative development services to medium and large-size brand and enterprise customers. Our primary services focus on the production and delivery of extremely high-quality, creative solutions that incorporate modern web and data technology.
We are a modern, unique, flat organization with team members in the Pacific NorthWest with a strong work-life balance. Our team values creativity, skill, learning, communication, work ethic, and simplicity - if you are a creative professional, you’d probably fit in perfectly!
Send us an e-mail/message with ALL of the following:
- Your résumé.
- Your portfolio and/or online git repo linked or attached. If you have no online git repo, a code sample would be appreciated.
Sorry we do not provide for relocation.
--Are you an agency or B2B?--
Please do not contact us, we’re looking for individuals without a middleman.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Node.js: 1 year (Preferred)
- HTML/CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Portland, OR 97222 (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19