Electrical Design Internship - Summer 2020
Garver Launch Program
Enrich your summer break as a part of Garver's hands-on intern development program, Garver Launch.
Throughout the Garver Launch internship program, you will:
- gain real-world experience working on current engineering design projects
- receive training in industry-specific design software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, GIS, etc.
- have a dedicated engineering mentor from day one that will help train and guide you during your internship
- network with other Garver Launch interns and company professionals daily and at fun summer outings.
Garver is seeking a motivated electrical engineering student to join our Water Team in College Station, TX. This intern will gain real-world electrical engineering experience, training by our experienced water design staff and project managers, and an understanding of how to apply their academic training in the consulting industry.
The successful student will possess the following:
- A strong desire to assist with a wide array of water and wastewater treatment and conveyance-projects.
- Proven time management skills and work ethic.
- Proven professional communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
To be considered for this position, candidate's must have completed at least their sophomore year in credit hours towards an electrical engineering degree by spring 2020.
- Candidates must have completed their sophomore year in pursuit of an electrical engineering or related degree at an ABET accredited program.
- Candidates must be pursuing an electrical engineering degree to be considered.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous internship or co-op experience in the water industry
- Previous experience using AutoCAD
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.