Beckman Coulter Life Sciences
We are currently looking for a Software Engineering Intern to join our product development team in Indianapolis for the summer of 2020. This team designs and builds robotic liquid handling systems and associated software for medical research and laboratory work. Interns enjoy working on a research and development project that matches their area of interest while collaborating closely with talented and experienced engineers. The results of your research will contribute directly to our products, providing improvements to health and medicine around the globe.
- Work on a project under the direction of a mentor and in collaboration with other highly talented software engineers.
- Document your findings and present your work to the entire team at the end of the summer.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Sophomore standing or later.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and domains.
- Desire to make software that delights users.
- Strong documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the principles of object-oriented programming and functional programming.
- Interest or experience in the life sciences domain.
- Experience with modern revision control systems such as git.