Description: In this internship training program, participants will be offered the opportunity to learn about the financial services industry from a Financial Professional who has expertise in some or all of the following:
- Learning how to prepare for meetings with clients and prospective clients.
- Learning the importance of, and how to prepare, presentations to clients and prospective clients.
- Learning how to research client portfolios and the importance of such research in the role of a Financial Professional.
- Attending in-house training sessions regarding issues relevant to the industry, including compliance rules and regulations and product training.
- Observing interviewing and sales techniques to learn effective interviewing and sales presentation skills.
- Open to all majors, however a business background is preferred
- Work full-time (up to 40 hours a week for a maximum of 12 weeks) during summer or part-time (up to 18 hours a week for a maximum or 16 weeks) during one college semester
- Actively involved in local community and exhibits leadership skills (e.g. fraternity/sorority involvement, sports teams,
- Participants must be driven, have an entrepreneurial spirit and be results-oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2195 or email us at [email protected]