Smith Micro Software, Inc.
Smith Micro Software is looking for a talented individual who can be a great addition to our existing development team. You will be working in a group built of creative and ambitious developers, implementing the latest technology for our Android product lines. There is an absolute focus on the product quality, long-term usage and agile development. You will be an important part of our entire development process, from design to release.
Engineering Intern on the Android platform.
- Develop and debug wireless connectivity software on Android Mobile platforms using Java.
- Solve complex software engineering problems with pragmatic and solid solutions.
- A personal commitment to excellence when approaching problems and delivering well tested code.
- Understand and author design and functional specifications and other documentation as required.
- Communicate and interact well with a team of software and quality engineers to achieve common business and technical goals.
- Participate in project design and implementation discussions and contribute to product development under the direction of lead engineers and managers.
- Deliver work items on time on multiple project initiatives with different time constraints.
- Properly estimate tasks, deliver on commitments, and prioritize activities accordingly.
- Learn new skills and adapt to new technology quickly.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written)
- Experience in Software Design and Development
- At least 1 year of experience in Mobile Application Development
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
- Knowledge about Mobile Broadband and Wi-Fi networks is a big plus
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or similar degree