Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world's most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
- Dedicated to delivering Machine Learning projects within the CHEP Supply Chain.
- Dedicated to driving industry and market exploration into Machine Learning capabilities, assessing, leading feasibility study and applications of how it can be used in CHEP to further enhance our platform inspection capability across all CHEP platforms.
- Develop computer vision applications using Machine Learning for CHEP business across all platforms
- Demonstrate an ongoing understanding of Machine Learning technologies in current marketplace and how they can be applied to the CHEP business
- Research and on-board of technology suppliers for machine learning development and in particular those that work in Machine Learning applications.
- Facilitate and assist in data gathering efforts and support testing during validation process
- Delivery of Machine Learning projects based on strategy and business need.
- Countries: Global to all CHEP Pallet business units
- Suppliers: Minimum of 2
- Development of vision and machine learning projects.
- Utilizing existing hardware and images in addition to new image data gathering techniques to produce innovative image analysis models and algorithms.
- Development of ML approaches that improve the speed and accuracy of image algorithm development for inspection and quality control methods.
Internal: Process Engineering, including existing machine vision development team, Operations and Quality team
External: External Technology Development and Data Annotation Suppliers
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics, with specialization in machine learning
- Proficient in Python or C/C++
- Proficiency in CV/ML libraries (OpenCV, Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas)
- Proficiency in Deep Learning frameworks (Tensorflow and Keras)
- Proficiency in implementing deep learning architectures for Image classification, Object detection and Object segmentation
- Demonstrated experience in scientific research related to Computer vision and Deep learning
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, implement, and lead technology developments in the field of computer vision and machine learning.
- Solid software development experience.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience in developing Computer Vision and Deep Learning applications in Python
- Experience in multi-facility, international organizations desired
- Experience in a diverse multi-cultural corporate environment desired
- Successful delivery of machine learning applications to internal or external customers
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong Python/C++ programming capabilities
- Scientific understanding of Computer Vision algorithms and Deep learning architectures
- Ability to read scientific publications, understand and implement proposed solution
- Project Management
- Leadership: Ability to operate with little supervision and can make presentations at leadership level.
- Self-driven and strong problem-solving skills
- Team work
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Publications in top CV conferences and Journals (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, ICML, PAMI, etc.)
- Proficiency in Activity recognition and Object tracking
- 3D image algorithms experience
- Ability to work in a Matrix Organization
Preferred Level of Work Experience1 - 3 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at [email protected]