This position is responsible for strategic marketing activities associated with emerging markets that TSI is not currently involved in. This includes performing market research to 1) uncover and evaluate potential competitive products, 2) undertake prospective customer assessments such as voice of the customer and story-boarding and to uncover and articulate unmet market needs, 3) prioritize market opportunities, and 4). Ability to understand market needs and technical capabilities of these products and markets is critical. This position requires the ability to collaborate with Product Managers, Product Specialists, Application Engineers, Sales, and engineering to help define and propose a potential solution opportunity (hardware and software) for TSI to offer.
- Performing market research related to a new TSI solution opportunity 1) uncover and evaluate potential competitive products, 2) undertake prospective customer assessments such as voice of the customer and story-boarding and to uncover and articulate market needs, 3) prioritize market opportunities, develop business case to support findings
- Assess the pulse of the market. Ascertain how customers buy, what the buying criteria are, and integrate this knowledge into product launch and demand generation activities.
Work closely with Product Management, Sales, and Engineering during new product developments to define market segments and customer buying criteria, to ensure successful development and execution of programs and new product launches.
- Monitor, capture, and communicate key market trends, competitive moves, and in the required structure of TSI’s position or image (e.g. quality, market share) in the market.
- Major/Program: Marketing or Marketing Related, preferably with exposure to technology-related applications
- Computer skills including proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Data analysis
- Student Status: University Junior, Senior or Recent Graduate
- Comfortable in a professional office setting
- Strong desire to learn, self-motivated
- Naturally high attention to detail, good organization skills.
- Be legally authorized to work in the USA
- Successfully pass a background check
- Meet the minimum time commitment