POSITION TITLE: Summer 2020 Intern - Sales, Public Sector
LOCATION: Reston, VA
Do you have what it takes to be the best of the best? Do you thrive on challenging yourself, working as a team, learning, and achieving your goals? Taking on the role as a Sales Intern at Salesforce is the premier way to begin a career in technology sales. We are seeking talented, motivated individuals to join our team. We will help develop your skills in our Sales Development Associate Program so that you can join Salesforce's elite selling team and be the best of the best.
We hire outstanding people who thrive in diverse environments, have a passion for technology innovation, place high expectations on themselves, understand the importance of flawless execution, and seek an environment where their talents can drive industry change.
YOUR IMPACT (RESPONSIBILITIES):
As a Sales Intern, Public Sector, a significant time will be spent using Salesforce business applications and assisting the Business Development Representatives (BDRs) and their Account Executives (AEs) by strategically developing and identifying accounts that have the potential for revenue opportunities.
- Responsibilities include researching prospective clients, adding valuable data to new and existing accounts as well as acquiring high-level contacts by leveraging third-party databases and social networking sites to assist the Sales Development Team. Interns may also support customer facing activities like emailing and calling prospects with invitations to attend webinars and other events.
- Sales Interns will be included in Sales Development training sessions related to Salesforce products, selling skills, leadership skills, and business acumen
- Present a final project to a panel of Sales Development Leaders
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication
- Exemplary problem solving skills and ability to take initiative
- Superior attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Adaptable to change and enjoys learning in a fast-paced sales environment
- Long term interest in a sales, marketing, or operational role
- Currently enrolled in Junior year at an accredited college/university
- Previous internship experience in sales, consulting or a related field, or at a technology company
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE ‘100 Best Companies to Work For®’ List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for family) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please contact the Salesforce.com Recruiting Department .
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.