BLACK WOMEN IN SPORT FOUNDATION
The Black Women in Sport Foundation (BWSF) is seeking Social Media & Marketing Intern(s). The Social Media & Marketing Intern(s) will support the BWSF administrative team, which oversees BWSF’s social media channels and marketing strategies. They will have the opportunity to work across BWSF’s social media and digital footprint (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, BWSF website), assisting with content production, storytelling, and ideation.
- Co-manage digital and social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and the BWSF website to build out our brand and Foundation presence
- Learn and implement social media best practices
- Create engaging content that resonates with our audience
- Monitor and report on social engagement and follower growth
- Implement creative ways to spread the word about BWSF programs and mission
- Partner with BWSF leadership and Board and contribute to board marketing strategy for the organization
- Develop social media presence on new channels (TikTok, SnapChat)
- Additional ad hoc tasks, as needed
- Ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Understanding of Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other social media platforms a must
- Ability to work remotely
- Undergraduate or Graduate Student; with majors focusing on marketing, communications, public relations, policy, sport/business management, kinesiology, education, or social enterprise.
- Passion for social media and storytelling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail; self-motivated multitasker with a strong work ethic
- Graphic design, video editing, and Adobe Creative Cloud skills a plus (including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop)
- Computer literacy in both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft and Google Drive applications
- Comfortable with online communication tools (Slack, G Suite).
- Strong interest in Black Women in Sport Foundation and passion for grassroots advocacy a must
Additional job benefits include:
- Understand the dynamics of remote team collaboration
- Gain hands-on experience in marketing and social media.
- Professional development opportunities, including resume reviews, formal mentorship and virtual coffee chats with BWSF staff and Board members.
- Interns will also have the opportunity to receive a letter of reference from BWSF upon successful completion of the internship.
Job Type: Internship
- United States (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Work from home
- College Credit
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Monday to Friday
Company's Facebook page: