ASSISTANT FILM EDITOR (360 VR) INTERN
Length: Summer/Fall 2020 (with the possibility for advancement and additional time/opportunities)
Location: Fully Remote – part time - 20hrs/wk minimum
This position is unpaid, but you will receive college/educational credits for your work, if needed.This internship will be a mentorship program where you will work and get direct advisement from the founder of TASTE.
An internationally award-winning food documentary series. We film the uncovered, true stories about food entrepreneurs worldwide.
Our TASTE documentary films include dictator-fighting restaurateurs in Myanmar, Michelin-starred chefs in Europe, snail farmers in Vienna, hunters in Borneo jungles, cricket farmers in Thailand, Jewish bakers fighting anti-Semitism in Budapest, and many more.
TASTE is a short-form documentary series that brings people together through two of the world's most uniting forces: food and stories.
TASTE reveals the undiscovered stories of struggle, risk and reward behind our food.
To date, we've filmed 70 documentary short films across 30 countries worldwide in Asia, Europe and the Americas—from Bhutan to Budapest to Brooklyn.
The yet-to-be released series has earned 42 international film festival nominations and awards on its pilot episodes thus far and has been featured in international press such as Food & Wine Magazine, Edible, Huffington Post, PBS and more.
SNEAK PREVIEW EPISODE ON AMAZON PRIME: https://amzn.to/2IisQrL
About the Assistant Film Editor (360 VR Video) Intern Role:
As an assistant film editor, you will create several 360 VR videos.
Example of a TASTE 360 VR video: https://youtu.be/43faYQ708Jo
You will work closely with Kevin Longa (the founder of TASTE) via phone calls, emails, texts, etc. (all remote work) on every step of the video editing process, including but not limited to:
- importing, stitching and editing 360 VR videos shot on a Samsung Gear 360 and GoPro Omni
- selecting & transcribing soundbites
- providing story and editorial feedback on rough draft narration voiceover scripts, which Kevin Longa will write
- creating rough draft edits
- creating a final cut
- producing subtitles
Ultimately your work will be posted on the TASTE YouTube channel, Instagram, and/or Facebook
Sample Tasks & Qualifications:
- Quality control all incoming and outgoing film, video, and audio assets
- Review footage, pull selects, build radio edits and create rough & final draft videos
- Create and share Adobe Premiere Pro project files and video exports.
- Applicants should have a high attention to detail and be organized, motivated, and self-directed (this is essential!)
- Identify and troubleshoot technical problems
- Uploading materials to YouTube, Vimeo and WeTransfer
- Experience importing, stitching and editing 360 VR videos shot on a Samsung Gear 360 and GoPro Omni is essential
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro (or equivalent, professional NLE program) is an absolute must.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills.
Flexible location and times. The entire internship will be done remotely with flexible deadlines and work hours that will fit within your schedule. As long as an intern is making progress on his/her projects and putting in 100% effort, then we will make sure that project work hours and deadlines will be flexible according to the intern's schedule.
In order for your application to be read and considered, it is required to fill out this form: https://bit.ly/3fz4rh7
All applicants who fail to fill out this form will NOT proceed to the interview selection round.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Good luck!
Job Type: Internship
- Video Editing: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
Company's Facebook page: