iOS Engineer Intern
Internship (Los Angeles, CA or Remote)
The podcast industry is growing fast, estimated to produce more than $1 billion by 2021! Amidst such economic growth, the podcast industry still lacks a solid platform for recommendations and community. Most podcast directories are like old school video rental stores with basic categories. With over 800,000 active podcasts and over 54 million podcast episodes, there must be a perfect podcast for you, but the question is, how do you find it?
At Auby, we are looking to solve that with a podcast discovery platform personalized to the user. We’re tackling the cold start problem for new podcast listeners by curating podcast episode suggestions based on who the person is and their listening habits.
You will work directly with the founder, designer, data scientist, and other developer to contribute to all aspects of our iOS app. You will own features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch.
We’re a lean startup which means this is currently an unpaid internship. If you’re interested in helping build an iOS app from scratch and being a valuable contributor to our team, this is the job for you.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Build our iOS app
- Collaborate with the founder, designer, data scientist, and other engineer to form and test creative, high-value solutions that can be shipped quickly
- A desire to learn, grow, and a passion for moving things forward
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Comfortable with Objective-C or Swift and have knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices
- Knowledge of databases, storage management, data cache and relational databases
- Understanding of APIs and services
- Understanding of MVC architecture
- Experience with version control, preferably Github or Bitbucket
- Excellent communication skills
- Avid podcast listener!
Reasons to Take This Internship:
- Tackle intellectually challenging problems
- Help build an app from scratch that has a positive impact on the community
- Flexible schedule; options to work remotely or in-office (post pandemic)
- Possibility of getting hired for a full-time job after the internship
To apply, visit https://www.heyauby.com/ios-engineer-intern.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- No weekends