ATAC has an opening for an IT Support Technician Summer Intern. This is a paid internship for the duration of the summer of 2020 and will be located on-site at the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA’s) William J. Hughes Technical Center (WJHTC) in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated member of ATAC’s WJHTC team and will support various research efforts including aviation safety research.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing flight and simulator video data and marking it at pre-developed safety events.
- Downloading and copying data from test activities.
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis including reviewing, classifying, and categorizing flight and simulation data.
- Supporting the development of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and other related graphics.
- Supporting the development of websites and other project materials.
- Supporting the development of test scenarios.
- Developing models and analytical tools using big data and high performance computing tools.
A background check will be required for this position.
ATAC is looking for open-minded people who have an interest in developing knowledge in the aviation domain and motivation to be a part of efforts to improve safety. Current high school and college students are welcome.
Required attributes include:
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal relations skills
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Proficient at using office productivity software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge/experience with Aviation.
ATAC offers a casual business environment within a supportive team of likeminded individuals. We are proud of our working environment, our culture and our people-we will be the best place to work for those who share our passion.
In addition, the ideal candidate is a team player, open to new ideas, technologies and development methodologies, thinks both logically and creatively, and approaches problems and problem solving with a positive and constructive attitude.
ATAC Corporation is a software and services company that specializes in providing the aviation community with state-of-the-art computer simulation, modeling, and analysis tools, as well as expert services in air traffic systems and operations design and analysis. We are committed to making major contributions to the aviation industry by providing high quality products and services to meet critical needs, while maintaining a creative, innovative, and responsive, small-company environment.
ATAC serves clients in both the public and private sectors via its headquarters office in Santa Clara, California and branch offices in Washington, D.C., Atlantic City, New Jersey, and San Diego, California. Primary clients include the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), service branches of the Department of Defense (DOD), airport authorities, airport planning and engineering firms, and private companies involved with aviation systems development and integration.
If this sounds like you, please use one of the following methods to send your resume AND a cover letter in which you summarize the particular elements of your background that relate to the requirements of this position.
Fax: 408 727 8447
E-mail: Human Resources
Please send a non-formatted ASCII-text version of your resume in the body of the email, or attach your cover letter and resume as Microsoft Word documents.
Attn: Human Resources
2770 De La Cruz Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95050-2624
ATAC is EOE Disabled/Veterans