In this internship, you will have the opportunity to be immersed in an assignment in which you will gain industry experience and help solve some of the biggest challenges we face today. With guidance from your mentor, you will understand the expectations of an employee in a professional setting and how to work independently, as well as within a team, to achieve your project goals. You will be part of a collaborative environment which values diverse thinking and encourages calculated risk taking. The anticipated duration of this assignment is 14 weeks.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning for drug discovery and design. Specific sub-fields of research may include: deep generative models, reinforcement learning, and Bayesian optimization.
- Leverage the scale of Pfizer proprietary data, applications, and GPU-compute infrastructure to develop scalable machine learning methods for challenging problems in the life sciences
- Provide technical leadership, driving and shaping research directions in Medicinal Sciences and broader R&D
- Independently design and execute research projects and clearly communicate the value of new methods and research in order to advance adoption and awareness throughout R&D
- Work closely with other teams within Simulation & Modeling Sciences and across broader R&D functions to apply me
- Currently enrolled in an accredited PhD level program
- Possesses a demonstrated understanding in the fundamentals of m achine learning for drug discovery and design
- Knowledge of deep generative models, reinforcement learning, and Bayesian optimization
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.