Princeton Public Schools
Open until filled
The Communications Intern(s) will work with the Superintendent’s Office to help advance the mission of Princeton Public Schools. The Communications Intern will be responsible for writing informative and engaging stories featuring Princeton Public Schools and its teachers, students, and programs. Stories will be published online on the district’s website and social media platforms. Interns will be responsible for initiating story ideas and conducting interviews. Interns will be expected to complete at least one story per week and will work 10-15 hours each week, which may include both time in-district and time spent working remotely. Hours will be flexible and a schedule will be created in conjunction with the intern.
- Previous experience writing for a high school or college newspaper, or equivalent writing experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with social media platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Graphic design, video, photography skills a plus
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Enrollment in an accredited degree program for journalism, English, public relations, marketing, or a related field.
Each intern will receive a stipend of $750.00
Applicants must submit two writing samples along with their resume.