Ultra Intelligence & Communications, ATS
The Software Engineer Intern works in the Product Innovation department with a team of developers who design, develop, maintain, test and deploy a new multi-domain and cross-domain application for enhancing situational awareness of operators at the tactical edge.
- Responsible for the design, modification, and implementation of real-time software systems
- Works in the Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Reviews and tests software components to ensure compliance with application requirements
- Participates in the software quality process
- Receives direction from an immediate supervisor and works within a project team to accomplish all deliverables for a program
- In school working on, or has, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with a concentration in software development
- 0+ years of professional experience in the field or related area
- Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
- Must have experience coding either in school or work environment
- Experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++ or Java
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Software development experience using Linux Operating Experience
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Knowledge of messaging technologies such as ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Knowledge of Version Control such as git or Subversion
- May require periodical (quarterly on average) travel for technical interchange meetings, customer meetings and/or integration activities.
- Frequently required to sit and use manual dexterity
- Works in an office environment with little or occasional light physical effort
- Works on a computer, requiring the ability to view a monitor for long periods of time
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.