Supports development of mechanical design solutions used to optimize, store and secure computer, data and communications equipment. Involved with the design, analysis, validation and documentation of both standard and custom products. Supports engineering changes to existing products, works with manufacturing engineers to resolve production issues and supports customer requests for product specifications.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop engineering solutions for assigned tasks, appropriately utilizing mechanical design principles, best practices and production specifications with moderate coaching. Rigorously reviews own work..
- Recognizes and raises issues and proposes solutions for assigned tasks. Informs team of issues early enough to allow mitigating actions. Provides alternatives and recommendations.
- Uses engineering tools (SolidWorks, CFD, FEA) to create mechanical designs.
- Makes design tradeoffs to deliver manufactureable solutions that maximize customer value while ensuring products meets cost, schedule, budget, reliability, thermal, electrical, regulator and safety requirements.
- Understands the cost impact of proposed design changes,
- Communicates effectively with lead engineer, cross functional teams and vendors.
- Plans, tracks and reports status of assigned tasks, reporting progress to team lead and/or Core Team. Meets multiple deadlines and objectives, setting priorities with moderate coaching.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ethics, Values, Integrity & Trust - Adheres and acts in line with CPI core values.
- Functional/Technical Skills - Possesses high level of skill, knowledge and ability in assigned functional area.
- Safety – Complies with company safety rules and regulations. Takes a proactive approach to identify and eliminate safety hazards.
- Customer Focus - Gives high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal Skills - Uses diplomacy and tact. Uses collaborative skills.
- Action Oriented & Adaptability - Takes initiative; acts promptly; is proactive.
- Ownership & Accountability - Proactively models, guards and demonstrates all of CPI’s core values.
- Priority Setting, Planning & Organizing- Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Problem Solving & Creativity - Uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions. Develops new and unique ideas.
- Listening, Informing and Written Communications - Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information. Presents ideas and facts clearly and effectively in writing.
- BSME with a minimum of two (2) years of product development experience.
- Capable of using SolidWorks, CFD and FEA analysis tools to create mechanical designs.
- Basic understanding of design, tooling and manufacturing methods.
- Sheet metal and plastic design experience a plus.