Analyst – Full-Time Internship
HoriZen Capital is a technology private equity fund set up for the purposes of acquiring SaaS businesses through our network of investors. The aim is to acquire private businesses valued between $1M and $5M, which HoriZen’s team plans to operate full-time as CEO post-acquisition.
We are looking to recruit a sharp, entrepreneurial and hard-working individual hungry for challenges and career growth, and eager to learn about new industries and the process of acquiring a mid-size business. The analyst will develop skills relevant to a future career in entrepreneurship, private equity, and business development.
The internship will involve hands-on participation in the core activities of operating a small private equity firm, with an emphasis on deal sourcing. You will learn how to critically evaluate industries and companies as potential acquisition targets, how to approach potential sellers, introduce our service and close a deal, and the many challenges in doing so.
Please note that the internship is unpaid; however, you can expect significant mentorship from HoriZen's team, as well as a wealth of interesting experiences that should serve well in pursuing your career in business.
* Research and identify attractive industries based on HoriZen’s investment criteria
- Develop lists of potential acquisition targets and screen targets for outreach
- Identify owners and find their contact information
- Prepare communications to reach owners such as letters and e-mails
- Participate in and take notes in phone calls with investors, investment bankers and business owners
Details of Position
* Title: Analyst
- Term: Flexible to start anytime, for a minimum duration of 4 months
- Full-Time - 40 hours per week
- Office location: Remote based
- Unpaid internship
* Highly motivated with a strong interest in private equity, entrepreneurship and/or business development
- Resourcefulness and persistence
- Willingness to commit to the required weekly time commitment and to minimum term
- Recently graduated from a top-tier graduate or undergraduate business program
Please explain why you are interested in an internship with a private equity fund and what skills you are aiming to develop.
For additional information on us, please visit: https://horizencapital.com
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $0.00 /year
- business development: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)