Backbar is a software company that provides a platform for restaurants and bars to manage beverage inventory. Our web and mobile apps make it easy for operators to take inventory, manage costs, order new products, price menus, and track important data. Backbar launched in May of 2019 and is used by over 3,000 businesses in the U.S. and internationally.
With this internship, you’ll get a chance to see what it’s like to work at a small startup and get exposure to all aspects of the business as well as various technologies and development tools. We iterate quickly and you'll actually get to see the results of your work in a production environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work on our back-end web application using NodeJS and Express
- Work on our front-end web application using VueJS
- Build robust, secure, scalable, and appropriately tested features from end to end
- Have an outsized impact on the company as an early employee
Our tech stack
- Node, Express, Vue, Pug, React Native, MySQL, Ansible, AWS
What you’ll need
- Experience with Node and/or Vue is a plus, but not required
- Understanding of relational database technologies such as SQL
- Experience with Git and version control
- An interest in and passion for our product
One last thing
This is a small team environment where you'll be expected to make significant contributions to our team without a large number of other engineers. Especially since most work will be remote due to COVID-19, you'll need to be a highly motivated self-starter and a great independent problem solver. Due to the nature of our business, candidates must be at least 21 years old. This is a paid, full-time summer internship ($4000 per month).
How to apply
If all of this excites you, please visit the job posting on our website and follow the instructions in the posting at https://www.getbackbar.com/careers/software-engineer-summer-internship.
**Due to Covid-19, the internship will initially be a remote position. We may return to an office space in Chicago later this summer and the intern must be located in the Chicago area.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $4,000.00 /month
- One location
- Fully Remote
- 1 - 3 months
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19