Brain Power LLC
- Design overall architecture of the web application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Document your work. Represent your code graphically for strategy meetings.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Web server development experience, and/or experience building client-side web applications
- Knowledge of, or practical experience with Node/Express or similar back-end stack
- Knowledge of relational database dialects (MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL) or similar DB management systems
- Experience with cloud deployment services (Heroku, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Solid understanding of UI implementation, with emphasis on mobile-first responsive design
- Knowledge of, or experience with standard front-end web technologies HTML, CSS, jQuery, JSON, AJAX.
- Knowledge of, or experience with API design and deep understanding of RESTful principles, with emphasis on engineering scalable, simple server-side applications
- Experience working in Linux server environments
- Experience with Saas/LESS CSS preprocessor
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc)
- Experience working in teams and reviewing/managing code using GitHub
- Knowledge of, or experience working as part of an agile team using Kanban, Scrum, etc.
- Startup mentality
- Contribute to innovative, impactful work and see the benefits directly -- we work closely with children and adults with Autism and their families while iteratively developing our product, and we encourage our development team to take part in that interaction.
- Fast-paced work environment with an award-winning product and rapidly developing new opportunities.
- On-site gym, yoga, massage facilities
- Fully stocked fridge and kitchens with variety of free foods
- Unlimited coffee and high quality snacks
- Parking garage in our building
- World-class opportunities for networking and career development
- Professional photo and videography equipment and software in-house
- Happy hours, trivia, field trips and outings, internal hackathons and friendly competitions
- Frequent tech talks and coding/hacking/VR meetups in the same building, or across the street at MIT
- Science-based company and founding team with MDs, PhDs, and others on staff, as well as ongoing studies and clinical trials
- We're surrounded by hundreds of other innovative companies, and have deep connections with MIT, Harvard, Stanford and Google. Immerse yourself in ideas and foster collaborations!
Brain Power is an equal opportunity employer.