RevolutionParts launched in 2014 with a simple goal: use our decades of experience to revolutionize an archaic industry, empowering people to stay mobile by transforming the way parts buyers and sellers connect. Make the process dramatically more efficient. Make it hassle-free. Provide the best solution. And of course, do it online. The automotive industry is primed for a revolution and we are leading that call.
Welcome to RevolutionParts!
We’re looking for our next software engineering intern to join our team to learn, innovate, and grow and do some coding along the way. You will work with our engineering team on creating, developing and maintaining highly-available distributed systems that power our RevolutionParts stores and our automotive parts Catalog APIs. You will also gain hands-on experience creating internal tools to improve and automate our tech operations. Get the opportunity to report directly to our Director of Engineering.
Your Impact on Our Mission
- Objective (why does this internship exist)
- Key Result (how does the internship contribute to our mission)
- Learning Outcomes (what will the learning opportunities be for this role)
Who You Are
- Agile with the ability to communicate and collaborate within the team and cross-functionally
- No Ego, no fear...the best idea wins, period!
- Tenacious learner...you relish learning new things and practicing those things in a dynamic and fast-paced company
- Curious...you love to ask why and enjoy creative “solutioning” via an innovative approach.
- Responsible with a high level of self-management and organizational skills
- Participate in the Agile/SCRUM meetings and sprints
- Analyze & identify system-level integration issues
- Develop & integrate new features
- Develop & execute test scenarios
- Work closely with Sr. and Staff engineers on creative solutioning
- Participate in code reviews
- Must be working towards a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language
- OO design background
- Some Experience with Linux/Unix
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work no more than 25 hours per week.
- eCommerce experience
- SEO knowledge
- Is it Paid - Yes! You can earn up to $19.50/hour depending on your experience.
- Are you willing to work with the school to ensure college credit? Yes! We know the forms you need to be completed, and what needs to be signed off on. We are happy to support your learning.
- What’s the schedule? We request that you not exceed more than 25 hours per week- we want you to have time to focus on school and life. The schedule is flexible around your classes. Let’s design it together.
- Start Date & End Date - You decide! We are looking for interns year-round - so let us know what works for you!
Please Note: Before applying for the internship, know that we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include video, phone, and on-site interviews, projects, and scenario-based situations. Although we are unable to follow up with each and every candidate, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Recognition and Rewards for a job well done
- Casual Dress where Jeans are welcome
- The opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growth startup environment with lots of potential for growth
- A fun and focused atmosphere where we think big and own it together
- A great space with food...lots of food
We are grateful and proud of the company we’ve built so far. Our people are our biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Revolutionaries” and people-first culture. We are looking for our next intern teammate to join a community that is dedicated to revolutionizing the automotive industry. We have a dream to disrupt and challenge old notions by thinking big and wowing our customers. By prioritizing the customer and crafting an experience based on their feedback, we have created THE e-Commerce platform solution, kicking off a series of industry-disrupting changes showing our customers that there is a better way. Together, we are radically reshaping how auto dealers think about selling parts and creating a great shopping experience to boot—and we’re just getting started.
We are a growth culture! What that means is you will be expected to learn, innovate, and adapt in our fast-moving, start-up environment. We are looking for teammates, not employees, who will embrace a collaborative partnership mentality, lead by example, think big and own it to deliver innovative results. We succeed as a team with no room for ego. If you want to be part of something historic, and you are ready to take up our mission as your own by adding direct value to our cause, we want to invite you to share your unique knowledge and gifts with our community. We look forward to hearing from you!