BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/SALES INTERNSHIP
*LOCATED IN BRYAN, TX*
iBio is a global leader in plant-based biologics manufacturing. Our FastPharming System combines vertical farming, automated hydroponics, and glycan engineering technologies to rapidly deliver gram quantities of high-quality monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, bioinks and other proteins. We accomplish all of this via our CGMP 130,000 square foot facility in Bryan, TX.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know great things happen when talent and opportunity cross paths. We are looking to hire exceptional business development interns who are interested in the biotechnology industry and have demonstrated track records of success. Our greatest scientific solution is bringing talented people together who have a passion for advancing plant-based biologics for our customers and the world.
Interested? Apply today!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 10-week minimum paid internship, but can be extended up to 6 months as Co-Op
- Expected to learn the ins-and-outs of daily routines and procedures at iBio
- Focus on learning iBio’s technology platforms, pipeline, how the organization runs and gain valuable insight that can further your interest in Biotechnology Business Development
- Provide research on potential and existing clients and the competitive landscape of Pharmaceutical Drug discovery, Development, and cGMP Manufacturing;
- Assist in identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Business Intelligence and Support for technology licensing and acquisitions
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Prepare periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring clients and prospects
- Identifying target markets for the company using market research, statistical data analysis and financial modeling concepts
- Support functional areas such as project management, process science, client management, and executive leadership with the general business development process
- Provide exceptional communication to internal employees and external customers.
- Work daily with the Commercial Lead, as well as with our customers to support the initial stages of account setup; to update project details in an ERP and CRM tool; and to issue select quotations and proposals.
- Maintain and update customer accounts, contact information, milestone dates, and relevant communications
- Complete cumulative project (summary of internship accomplishments) and present to Executive Team or appropriate Managers
- Compile Weekly meeting minutes as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands; ability to work effectively in an environment of rapid and continual change
- Ability to quickly learn new techniques/skills in proficiency
- Professional & positive appearance and attitude
- Work successfully on a team with peers of your own and other groups
- Capability to adhere to ISO guidelines and iBio’s quality policy
- Ability to recognize when a positive customer experience is in jeopardy, and able to find a solution that prevents it
- The work requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College student working toward obtaining graduate degree in business development, sales, finance, or related field
- Interest and experience within biotechnology field preferred
- Previous laboratory experience a plus