At SoarTech, our focus is in the development of artificial intelligence (AI) that reasons like humans do, to automate complex tasks, simplify human-machine interactions, or model human behaviors. Our philosophy is three-fold: to be an augmentation to, not a replacement of, the human; to think top-down, not bottom-up; and to be transparent so that decisions and processing are communicated to the human and in human-like terms.
SoarTech has two primary business areas: Autonomous Platforms and Intelligent Systems. Autonomous Platforms is seeking individuals for a full-time, temporary internship who interested in helping research, develop, and implement this exciting technology into everyday operations.
Autonomy: Like Human Behavior Models in simulation, our intelligent agents are the mechanism for decision-oriented control. Decision-oriented control is capable of working with single or multiple platforms for task and mission planning and can learn behaviors from demonstration
Human-machine interaction: Dialogue-based, mixed-initiative interaction control systems and speech interfaces such as our Universal Controller make the job of tasking a robot or autonomous vehicle as natural as possible through the integration of speech, sketch, voice, and haptics to create an efficient Human-Robot Interface under diverse operational situations. Our interfaces are designed to be platform independent and meet industry standards
Situational Awareness: Intelligent display of information on Operator Control Units enables the human and machine to share situation awareness necessary for team decision making. A management-by-exception control scheme allows operators to spend less time interacting with the system and more time doing other important tasks
We are looking for skilled and motivated individuals to help us tackle the tough problems within the AI and autonomy space. Generally, our interns are assigned to a specific project for the duration of their internship. This provides them with the time and resources to immerse themselves in the technical detail, acquire domain knowledge, and meaningfully contribute to an active, industry project. Our interns work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) of the project, as well as the engineering research team to conceive, design, test, and prototype novel approaches to complex problems.
We are seeking skilled problem solvers with good software design and programming skills and expertise/knowledge in various areas of machine learning, robotics, autonomous systems, computer vision, natural language processing and human behavior modeling. We are looking for communicative, motivated engineers eager to contribute and learn. Ideally, you are:
- Enrolled in a BS, MS, or PhD program in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Familiar with designing and implementing software components in Java, C++ or Python.
- Familiar with robotics, autonomous behavior development, swarm robotics and/or hardware/control/sensor integration
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms including deep learning, neural network design, deep reinforcement learning, computer vision and neuromorphic algorithms
- Able to analyze and solve challenging technical problems.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance (Security clearances require U.S. citizenship and a background check clear of felony convictions.)
Soar Technology offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, flex time, excellent group medical, vision, and dental programs. At SoarTech, we continuously invest in the development of your skills by providing budgeted time for technical skills development for all of our engineers.